And here are the thoughts from delegates on the second World cafe question . . .
How can personal, leadership and engagement development show what we want to see in our organisations?
- How does CEO drive development? How do people set their own development?
- Leaders must focus on enabling development
- Immediate feedback required
- Modelling – powerful way of bringing about change – non coercive
- Does size of the org matter when it comes to engagement? Is big a problem?
- Can we invert the pyramid – CEO at bottom, customers at top driving the engagement. What prevents us doing this though?
- Expectations of grads going in to the workplace. What are grads looking for? What are orgs looking for in grads – experience rather than qualification?
- Radical change of last 30 years. We will have to work longer so grads are taking time to get into work
- We need to understand where customer and employees are coming from
- We are talking about people – how do we engage them?
- 20% of time for creativity – how do we make this happen?
- What we want to create an environment where customers expect good service, and employees expect to give good service.
See also: Thoughts from the first question What and how can we learn from our customers to reduce disengagement?