Here are 10 reasons why you need to get your event covered:
- To generate demand: prior to the event create a hashtag and promote the event on Twitter, create a Linkedin Group and start talking to delegates before the event and do the same on Facebook
- To create anticipation: start writing about the event on your site or blog – this will help generate interest in the speakers and what they have to say and will provide traffic benefit for your site
- To provide a useful service for delegates: on the day share practical content about the event and provide support for delegates using social media
- To amplify promote your event as it happens: use social media to share your live coverage and what you are hearing at the event – there are plenty outside the room who will be following the hashtag. One event we covered reached 37,500 people and there were 35 delegates in the room
- To provide a window into your event: the more you share content from the event, the more your event will be noticed. But make sure it is interesting content – pictures are great for giving a good feel for the event but add audio, video and words into the mix
- To engage with those outside the room: bring outside conversation into the conference room (in Q&As, for example) on screens using tools such as Twitterfall
- To provide extra marketing: brand your blog/site so that speakers and sponsors benefit from the extra eyeballs looking at your event coverage
- To show you understand the power of content: as an event organiser you already know that content sells. Now make the most of sharing that content as the event takes place – a wider audience is waiting for it
- To market to delegates post-event: use the live blogs, audio and video content to provide a post-event round-up (think email, PDF) and use the content generated at the event to help market your next event
- To grow your business: through reporting tools such as Tweetreach, identify who has interacted with your event and event coverage.
Chances are your competitors are not doing this, so you also get a chance to steal a march on them.
Find out more about our live event coverage below. If you would like help with your events then please email firstname.lastname@example.org