- Call your number without knowing who they are calling.
- Send you a press release that has little or no relevance to your readers.
- Call and ask for an explanation of your site and its readers.
- Call to ask if you received their press release.
- Never ask what the site and its readers might actually want to read about.
Luckily, in my current interim role at TrainingZone I deal with some decent PRs who do none of the above. And I know lots of PRs do not do this kind of thing, but some do and I don’t understand why. These are basic mistakes.