The interim experience has been a good – and interesting – one. I was lucky to be given some autonomy in the role so I did a few things that were new for TrainingZone. These included:
- Doing audio interviews – using Audioboo on my iphone.
- Aggregating content – we pulled together coverage from Learning Live into one article.
- Putting on TrainingZone’s first Twitter chat with the help of Jane Hart.
- Publishing curated content as a part of our social learning month, again with Jane Hart’s help.
I also met some very interesting and friendly people. Here are some of the interviews I did – no particular order, just thought I’d give a flavour of the types of people and topics that get covered in the sector. Peter Honey’s dirge was unexpected and very entertaining.
- Peter Honey sings the trainer’s lament
- Nigel Risner talks ‘being in the room’
- Tricia Hartley on common misconceptions about the Campaign for Learning
- Charles Jennings on learning governance
- Clive Shepherd on social learning – an impossible dream for L&D?
- Prof Robert Winston on what science can tell us about learning
- Skillsoft Perspectives: John Ambrose on the future learning landscape