OK so this list has been around for a long time but it is so useful I had to reproduce it. I'm currently studying an Open University course on web applications and this week's focus is on usability and accessibility. That's why I'm looking at this list.
Usability guru Jakob Nielsen produced this list – go to his site to read the full version and check out some more of his top 10s at the end of the post.
- Bad search
- PDF Files for Online Reading
- Not Changing the Color of Visited Links
- Non-Scannable Text
- Fixed Font Size
- Page Titles With Low Search Engine Visibility
- Anything That Looks Like an Advertisement
- Violating Design Conventions
- Opening New Browser Windows
- Not Answering Users' Questions