Great post from Michelle Carvill on the importance of where and why users are exiting your site.
Particularly liked this short checklist:
- Ask yourself what the key goal of your online presence is?
- Once you’ve decided that take a step back and review whether that is the most paramount thing your site promotes?
- Do you make it easy, clear and simple for the user to do exactly what they want to do?
- Does your ‘adwords’ content clearly promote what the user is going to get when they get to your site?
- Do you regularly review and update where people are leaving your site – troubleshoot and enhance the user experience?
- Do you know what your conversion rate is?
- How regularly do you review it and what do you do to improve it?